Site Selection involves performing Site Selection visits to sponsor or CRO SOPs to assess site suitability.
For multi-centre studies, the selection and proper evaluation of investigator sites is critical for the successful completion of a trial within budget, timelines and to ensure the generation of good quality data.
Factors that may influence investigator site selection include:
- Interest in the study and therapy area
- Experience and qualifications of the investigator
- Sufficient staff to conduct the study and their experience and qualifications
- Availability of suitable patient population:
b. Any conflicting studies competing for the same patient population
- Adequate time and resource to conduct and oversee the trial
- Adequate facilities and equipment
- Track record with similar trials previously
- Geographic location
- Local R&D, Ethics or IRB procedures and timelines
We can perform individual Site Selection visits or several for a country. Sometimes at short notice depending on Investigator availability, resource availability and agreed contract being in place.